SchoolMenu.com Privacy Notice
School Menu, Inc. ("Schoolmenu.com") recognizes that its
customers, visitors, users, and others who use
schoolmenu.com or other web sites owned or
operated by Schoolmenu.com (the "Schoolmenu.com
Sites") (collectively or individually "Users") value
their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important
information regarding the use and disclosure of User
information collected on the Schoolmenu.com Sites.
Schoolmenu.com provides this Privacy Notice to help
you make an informed decision about whether to use
or continue using the Schoolmenu.com Sites.
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the Schoolmenu.com Sites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
The Information Schoolmenu.com Collects
* User Provided Information: You provide certain
personally identifiable information (such as your
name and email address) to Schoolmenu.com when
choosing to participate in various activities on the
Schoolmenu.com Sites such as uploading videos,
posting messages in our forums or in the video
comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes,
taking advantage of promotions, responding to
surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other
* Cookies Information: When you visit the Schoolmenu.com Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Schoolmenu.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Schoolmenu.com Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
* Log File Information: When you use the Schoolmenu.com Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Schoolmenu.com Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way Schoolmenu.com Uses Information
* If you submit personally identifiable information
to us through the Schoolmenu.com Sites, then we use
your personal information to operate, maintain, and
provide to you the features and functionality of the
* Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the Schoolmenu.com Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the Schoolmenu.com Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
* We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Schoolmenu.com Site changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Schoolmenu.com Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Schoolmenu.com Discloses Information
* We provide personally identifiable information and
non-personally-identifiable information to our
subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other
businesses or persons for the purpose of processing
such information on our behalf. We require that
these parties agree to process such information in
reasonable efforts to limit their use of such
information and to use other appropriate
confidentiality and security measures.
* We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
* We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Schoolmenu.com Sites.
* We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally
identifiable information through the Schoolmenu.com
Sites, in which case Schoolmenu.com may not be able
to provide certain services to you. Please note that
media files uploaded by Users to the Schoolmenu.com
Sites cannot be removed and remain subject to our
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact Schoolmenu.com with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing email@example.com.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Schoolmenu.com allows other companies, called
third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve
advertisements within the Schoolmenu.com Sites.
These third-party ad servers or ad networks use
technology to send, directly to your browser, the
advertisements and links that appear on the
Schoolmenu.com Sites. They automatically receive
your IP address when this happens. They may also use
Web Beacons) to measure the effectiveness of their
advertisements and to personalize the advertising
content you see.
Schoolmenu.com does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Schoolmenu.com to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Schoolmenu.com Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Our Commitment To Data Security
Schoolmenu.com uses commercially reasonable
physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to
preserve the integrity and security of your personal
information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant
the security of any information you transmit to
Schoolmenu.com and you do so at your own risk. Once
we receive your transmission of information,
Schoolmenu.com makes commercially reasonable efforts
to ensure the security of our systems. However,
please note that this is not a guarantee that such
information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered,
or destroyed by breach of any of our physical,
technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Schoolmenu.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Schoolmenu.com may post a notice on the Schoolmenu.com Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Schoolmenu.com does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Schoolmenu.com Sites from persons under 13 years of age. If Schoolmenu.com learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Schoolmenu.com Sites without verified parental consent, then Schoolmenu.com will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Schoolmenu.com is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and
this will be reflected by the "effective date"
below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any
changes. In general, we only use your personal
information in the manner described in the Privacy
Notice in effect when we received the personal
information you provided. Your continued use of the
Schoolmenu.com Sites constitutes your agreement to
this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Please contact Schoolmenu.com with any questions or
comments about this Privacy Notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated July 3, 2014