We are very excited to announce that Dr. Melina Jampolis, MD, has joined the SchoolMenu.com Team of Experts!
Dr. Melina is an internist and board certified physician nutrition specialist (one of only a few hundred in the country). She specializes exclusively in nutrition for weight loss and disease prevention and treatment, helping people get healthy and lose weight by providing a scientifically-based and practical approach to eating.
Dr. Melina hosted a program on the Discovery Network's FIT TV titled "Fit TV's Diet Doctor," and she currently serves as the diet and fitness expert for CNNHealth.com. She is also a member of the medical advisory board and a regular contributor to Better Homes & Gardens, Elements for Women, and www.vivmag.com.
Dr. Melina is a highly sought after public speaker and guest on TV. She lectures throughout the country on nutrition for weight loss and optimal health, while maintaining a private practice in San Francisco and Los Angeles. She is dedicated to the treatment and prevention of childhood obesity, particularly in the low income, minority population.
AND, she has a new book. The Calendar Diet - A month by month guide to losing weight while living your life.
The book includes:
- a month by month guide to tackling challenging eating situations including travel, long weekends, and major holidays throughout the year
- behavior tips to conquer monthly fluctuations in diet motivation
- tips on how to modify your diet for each season
- 52 delicious, mediterranean diet inspired seasonal recipes created by registered dietician Karen Ansel, R.D.
- a build your own exercise program created by my sister, Ami Jampolis, who has a masters degree in exercise physiology and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist.
Click HERE for more info or to buy the book.