USA Pears: A healthy sweet treat that kids love!
from USA Pears
There are ten primary varieties of USA Pears, and they’re all in season now!
- Anjou - Refreshingly sweet and juicy with a hint of citrus.
- Red Anjou - Juicy and fresh with a sweet-tart finish.
- Bartlett - Quintessential pear flavor and aroma with abundant juice.
- Red Bartlett - Juicy and aromatic with a supple sweetness.
- Bosc - Crisp and woodsy with a honey sweetness.
- Comice - Succulent, buttery, and exceptionally sweet.
- Concorde - Crunchy and earthy with a hint of vanilla.
- Forelle - Crisp, tangy, and refreshingly sweet.
- Seckel - Bite-sized, crunchy, and ultra-sweet.
- Starkrimson - Aromatic, moist, and sweet with a floral essence.
One medium sized pear is an excellent source of fiber at 6 g per serving, or 24% the daily recommended allowance. It’s also a good source of vitamin C at 7 mg per serving, which is 10% of the daily recommended allowance. And, with no fat, no cholesterol, and no sodium, this 100 calorie treat can be considered a healthy part of a nutritious diet.
Look for these tasty varieties at your local grocer, and visit www.usapears.org for more information as well as kid-friendly recipes, online games, and more.