Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Pineapple
from Fruits and Veggies More Matters
- Hawaiian Pizza. Spread tomato sauce on a whole wheat pita or English muffin, sprinkle with low-fat cheese, and top with pineapple chunks and low- fat ham. Recipe: Hawaiian Pizza
- Grill ‘em. Enjoy sweet pineapple slices hot off the grill. Grill them inside or out for a sweet side dish, burger topping or dessert. Video: Grilling & Other Uses for Pineapple
- A Morning Eye-Opener. Combine pineapples, oranges, mangos and other yellow and orange fruits with ice, low-fat yogurt and milk for a sunny, eye-opening smoothie. Also try our Power Gold Smoothie
- By the Forkful! Enjoy pineapples as they are whether sliced fresh or in sweet, juicy chunks right out of the can!
- Pineapples & Cottage Cheese. This traditional snack is a great sweet and salty combination and is an excellent source for calcium and vitamin C
- The Tropical Salad. Mix pineapple chunks with mandarin oranges, bananas, mangoes, grapes and kiwi for a tropical fruit salad that’s great as a dessert or to complement your meal
- Sweet & Zesty Stir Fry! Try pineapple in a stir fry for some added zest. Cook diced pineapple, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, snow peas, and bell peppers in a little olive oil on high heat. Heat thoroughly and enjoy!
- Sweetened Fish. Top tilapia, mackerel, or cod with a combination of crushed pineapple, garlic, jicama, other seasonings, and fruits and vegetables. See how in our Sear Cod with Pineapple Slaw recipe
- Pineapple Popsicles. Stack fresh or canned pineapple chunks on kabobs for a kid-friendly snack
- Salsa! Mix chopped pineapple, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, lemon juice, and cilantro to make fresh salsa. Serve over grilled chicken, burgers or seafood, or with tortilla chips. Recipe: Pineapple Salsa