Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Edamame (Green Soybeans)
- Dips & Salsas. Edamame can be added to your favorite salsas for texture and protein. Puree the beans with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice for a quick dip. Serve with whole wheat crackers.
- Blueberry Shrimp Salad. Edamame adds texture, flavor, and color to this flavorful Blueberry Shrimp Salad.
- Top Your Salad. Add a ½ cup of shelled edamame to your salad for a boost of protein. Only 100 calories!
- Pasta! Add shelled edamame to pasta along with a variety of seasonal vegetables. Finish with a light olive oil, lemon juice sauce, and fresh parmesan cheese.
- Rice &Beans. Edamame is a great substitute for black beans or other varieties of beans. The soybeans have more crunch and pair beautifully with rice.
- Succotash. Replace lima beans with edamame in your favorite succotash recipe. This side dish pairs perfectly with just about any lean protein.
- Soup & Stir-fry. To retain texture and color, add edamame to the end stage of soups and stir-fry dishes.
- Wrap ‘em! In a medium bowl, toss a ½ cup of shelled edamame with a tablespoon of red onion and ¼ cup each of shredded carrots and diced cucumber.. Add 2 tablespoons of light balsamic vinaigrette and toss. Place the salad in a whole wheat tortilla. Wrap and enjoy!
- Right Out of the Pod. Eating edamame out of the pod is both fun and delicious. Simply steam then toss with a pinch of course salt. Serve with a bowl for the shells and enjoy!
- A Spicy Snack. Mix a ½ cup cooked and shelled edamame with a pinch of salt and a ½ teaspoon (more/less to adjust spice level) of ground cayenne pepper. This spicy snack is a great afternoon pick-me-up!
Click HERE for more info on Edamame