Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Dried Apricots
- Apricots & Cheese. Cubed cheese, whole wheat crackers and dried apricot is a snack that appeals to both sweet tooth and salty cravings!
- Dip! Puree crumbled blue cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, dates, dried apricots, and pecans to make a creamy dip that goes great with celery, crackers, on a sandwich, on top of bagels…there are soooo many possibilities! Recipe Celery With Apricot Blue Cheese Spread
- Fruit Salad. Rinse and slice fresh grapes and all of your favorite fruits together for a simple treat anytime of the day. Recipe Winter Fruit Salad (sub. dried apricots for fresh apricots).
- Gourmet. Try your hand at your own gourmet meal with our Lamb w/Apricots & Grapes recipe.
- Pop a few. They are delicious as is! Pack a few for a mid-morning energizing snack or pre-workout snack!
- Top Your Bagel. Tired of boring bagels? Mash ripe bananas, spread the mixture over a bagel, and top with chopped dried apricots.
- Salad Topper. Add dried apricots to your favorite low-fat chicken, seafood, or pasta salad and add more potassium and vitamin A to your old favorites!
- Apricots on a Log? A little twist on the old-time favorite—spread peanut butter in the celery groove and line chopped dried apricots on top of peanut butter. For a crunchier version, use a pretzel rod or apple slices instead of celery. Recipe Bookworm Apple Bark
- Substitute for Chocolate. Hold the sprinkles and add some sweet dried apricots! Scoop your favorite low-fat ice cream over a peeled banana and sprinkle dried apricots on top.
- Fruited Rice Pilaf. Brown rice tossed with sautéed garlic, dried apricots and cranberries, raisins, silvered almonds and more! Recipe Fruited Rice Pilaf
Click HERE for more info on Dried Apricots