Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Asparagus
- Grilled. Place asparagus spears on a preheated (medium-high heat) grill sprayed with olive oil spray and cook for about 5-8 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Learn how in our how-to video!
- Cheese, Crackers & Asparagus. Spread a soft cheese (goat cheese, brie, etc.) on whole wheat crackers, and top with a crisp asparagus head. Serve as an appetizer or an afternoon snack.
- Gourmet. Dress up your traditional steamed or boiled asparagus with our mustard vinaigrette dressing. Recipe Asparagus w/Mustard Vinaigrette
- Steamed. Place fresh or frozen asparagus in a microwave safe container or on in sauté pan with a small amount of water, low-sodium seasonings, and garlic—enjoy as a side dish or as a snack!
- Shake & Bake. Place fresh asparagus in a plastic zip lock bag, drizzle with olive oil, add salt, pepper, and other seasoning to the bag. Shake until asparagus is coated, then bake in oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until crisp!
- Raw! Rinse and dry asparagus and enjoy as is, or in your favorite dip! It pairs well with our Celery With Apricot Blue Cheese Spread recipe.
- Creamy Soup. Leeks, onions, russet potatoes, asparagus, low-sodium chicken broth, lemon juice and low-fat sour cream are all you need to make this lower-sodium soup! Recipe Asparagus Soup
- Finger Food. Our Asparagus Tapas with Red Pepper Sauce is great for tailgating, as an appetizer or with a Mexican themed meal! Recipe Asparagus Tapas with Red Pepper Sauce
- Healthy Fettuccine? Italian food doesn't have to be drowning in high fat sauces to be tasty. This veggie-rich dish proves it. Try asparagus in our Fettuccine with Fresh Vegetables!
- Cool & Crisp. If you are using the asparagus in salads or for other cold dishes, plunging the boiled or steamed asparagus in cold or iced water as soon as they are done immediately stops the cooking process and helps preserve the color and crispness of the asparagus. Video Broiling Asparagus
Click HERE for more info on Asparagus